The Central Texas Attachment & Trauma Center is a group of independently practicing therapists who specialize in guiding their clients toward connection and healing. Our therapists are skilled and specially trained in working with clients who experienced early or relationship-based trauma, such as abuse, neglect, adoption, or orphanage care.
When working with clients who are seeking help with attachment, trauma, and adoption, our therapists pull heavily from modalities that are based on relationship and co-regulation, including EMDR Family Integrative Model, Theraplay, Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI), and The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT). Although each of our clinicians has a different expertise, we all bring together our passion for helping our clients uncover their inner strength and peace.
CTATC is honored to be a part of Texas Christian University's Institute of Child Development Travis County Collaborative for Children.
What We Do:
Children & Families
- Adoption/Attachment Counseling
- Family Therapy
- EMDR (including early/preverbal trauma)
- Explosive Behavior
- Excessive Worries/Fears
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Traumatic Birth (for mom and/or child)
- Repairing parent/child relationships
- Big and little 'traumas'**
- Oppositional & Defiant Behavior
- Poor Self Esteem
- Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)
- Attachment Assessments
- Domestic Violence
- Parenting a child with difficult behavior
- Early childhood abuse/neglect
- Adult Adopted People
- Women who have placed a child or are considering placing a child for adoption
- Traumatic Birth Experience
- Integrating an adopted child into the family
- Significant Life Transitions
- Deepening relationships
- Grief & Loss
- Somatic Experiencing
**Trauma is in the eye of the beholder. Many children need help healing from 'little traumas', including dog bites, moving, changing schools, losing a beloved caregiver, as well as 'big traumas' such as a medical procedure, death, divorce, witnessing violence, or experiencing violence/abuse/neglect.